Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I had to restore my computer and when I did it evidently

Customer Question

I had to restore my computer and when I did it evidently deleted my virus protection. I purchased a total protection for 5 devices. I used it twice. Once for laptop, once for smart phone. I should have 3 more uses but it is asking me for my credit card info. I should not be required to pay again. please help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had to restore the entire laptop, updates have been done automatically
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: why is it trying to bill me again
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 11 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

If you log in to your McAfee account at https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx you can re-download your McAfee Total Protection once again - without paying for it once more. Did you try that already?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck