Richard Kresslein
Richard Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

I just had the logic board replaced on my computer(iMac)

Customer Question

I just had the logic board replaced on my computer(iMac) Sierra was installed and now my Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 does not work. I tried reinstalling from disks but that does not do anything and I get an error message if I bring them from Time Machine. Help
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard Kresslein replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Unfortunately Adobe Creative Suite is no longer supported by Mac OS Sierra, as it is outdated and has been replaced by Adobe Creative Cloud. Fortunately, there is a workaround to install the program. I can securely access your computer if you would like and get the application installed for you. Please let me know when you are available for me to do this.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I now have gotten everything to work except Acrobat X Pro which I want and the Device central which I am not even sure what that does

Could you please tell me what happens when you try to install Acrobat X Pro?

As for Adobe Device Central, according to Adobe, "Its primary purpose is to integrate parts of the Creative Suite together to offer both professional and individual creative professionals, web designers, and mobile developers an easier way to preview and test Flash Lite, bitmap, web, and video content for mobile devices."

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I get an error message that says it should not be uninstalled and reinstalled which I did to no avail. It said Error code 1

should not be uninstalled and reinstalled or Should be?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Sorry should be

When you uninstalled it did you just delete the files or did you use the Uninstaller application (Applications > Adobe Acrobat X Pro > Acrobat X Uninstaller)?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

used the uninstaller with the application Acrobat X uninstaller

Thank you. Please try the following:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the installer and choose Show Package Contents.
  2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

It does not give me a show package contents . I am running from the original disk

Maybe this will be there then: Right-click Install.app and select Open Package Contents from the context menu. Do you have an Open Package Contents?

The Install.app should be listed among the files on the disc.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

there is an installer on the disk

When you right click it do you see the option "Open Package Contents"?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

no still does not give me that option

Please be sure you are clicking on the file that says .app at the end, and not a folder or other file.

You also may have the option to "Open in New Tab"?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Did you get my last reply saying that I ran the installer that was in that package and it worked. Thank you. I do not know why it was happier with that one but I am happy.

Oh, I'm sorry I did not get that I'm glad it worked.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top right corner of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!