Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I keep getting this error message for a couple sites that

Customer Question

I keep getting this error message for a couple sites that are not having issues with their website, including Just Answer.com
Is there something wrong with my Chrome, router, or other settings? -This site can’t be reached"Website".com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jay Duployen replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

what version of windows are you running? and what web browser do you use?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Windows 10, Chrome browser

Okay I have found some fixes that I want you to try.. Please try this first -

Resetting Chrome to Default

This is pretty easy fix that worked for many people including myself. All you need to do is type in chrome://flags/ in the address bar of Chrome and press Enter.

Now click on ”Reset all to default” button located on the right side and restart the browser.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have many many chrome tabs up for work right now that I need to stay up and saved. I would have to try this later. Also, I previously tried going to the websites with Internet Explorer and got the same error message. That's why I was thinking it might be a setting somewhere further up the line to my router or something..

Okay then forget that with chrome, please try the following 2 fixes -

sorry it won't let me paste the fix, pleas try number 1 and 2 here - http://www.incrediblelab.com/dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-windows/