Cris
Cris, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have 10 years covering all types of software. Backup software, Office, photo and video editing, online software.
10156100

I have an HL2220, bought as a backup a couple of years ago

Customer Question

I have an HL2220, bought as a backup a couple of years ago but just opened. I have the install disk, but the computer I need to connect doesn't have a disc drive. Computer runs Windows XP Pro, SP2.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: HL2220, bought a couple of years ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pearl--forgive me but did you read my first message? HP Notepad running Windows XP Pro, SP2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since I opened the box and found an installation disc and noticed that my computer doesn't have a disc drive. When I tried to download driver from your website, I kept getting "Download failed" or "blocked" message. What I want to know is: can I transfer the CD data to a thumb drive and accomplish the install that way?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Yes, you can transfer the content of the CD onto a flash drive. Then run the setup file to start the install of the printer on the PC.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need further assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.