Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Need to track my iphone, but it is dead, so i cant track it

Customer Question

need to track my iphone, but it is dead, so i cant track it from icloud. i also cant download tracking software since i dont have my phone with me. is there anyway to track, in these circumstances?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me to briefly go over your original question so I don't miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Normally, you do not need to "download" an app as "find my iphone" is built into the iOS and would just needed to be turned on from the iPad settings>icloud usually by default it you ever had icloud on.

Also, even if it is dead right now, if it is ever charged once it connects to wifi for a second it can then be tracked. You can check by signing into https://www.icloud.com/

Trust me, I know how you feel as I also work for a school district and found some stolen imacs with find my iphone on. They actually tried to wipe the imacs clean but during the process they connected to their wifi and BAM found the location.

If this helps in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not,please let me know how I can further assist.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Did you still need help?