Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

There are 5 pictures fro the website world redeye that pops

Customer Question

there are 5 pictures fro the website world redeye that pops up when i google my name, I contacted them to remove the picture but they don't answer. I would like to know if it's possible to hide them? so that when someone googles myself they don't appear ? I know it will be harder to delete the picture since it's from a website that I don't own please help :(
Category: Software
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Where did the pictures come from? Did they come from public records or are they pictures taken by private persons?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there were taken by photographers of the website world redeye.com
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you lawyer ? I thought I was talking to a technician
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am a lawyer, did you want a computer specialist?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he can tell me what to do, I don't know why the site directed me to you that's weird
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you transfer me to a computer specialist ? please do you have that option
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 4 months ago.

I have requested a move, please do not reply and please wait for a computer expert to respond to you.........

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi jess,sorry I wasn't next to my computer, yes I still need help with this please let me know if you need me to give you more informations :) Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Soraya, thank you for writing back. Yes, so that I can investigate this case further, please tell me the following:

1. Please tell me your name, the name that you use to search on Google so that I can replicate the issue. That is, I will perform same search and see if I will get the same results as yours.
  2. Regarding the pictures, are those your pictures? Or just random pictures that are associated with your name?

Since your full name could be some sensitive or personal information, I do not suggest that you POST it directly here. Instead, I suggest that you create a private note using the link below, put all sensitive information there, then give me the LINK for that note.

Here is the private note link:

https://privnote.com/

Thank you,

Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
those are my pictures oki google : Soraya Aidara , that is my name it's supposed to be 3 pictures . It's 5 in total but lets look at those 3 first because the 2 other ones are not under soraya aidara i think its soraya calixta. Its from the website world redeye I emailed them to remove the pictures but they didn't answer I don't like them and the one in bikini I'm seating yes but not only it is not my best picture but
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but when I will be look ing for an internship I don't want them to see it if the google me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
oh no :( I read the first part before the second i just saw that you said to not give you my name here
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, it is alright. I will just request our moderators to remove sensitive information on this chat. Please give me a moment to do the search

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you :)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

You look gorgeous :) I am now looking at the site's pictures -- the 2 pictures of yours seated with a girl in red and in blank, at "The Forge". You want to remove these?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you :) yes and there is another one at the pool " le mondrian "
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i can look for that one and send you the link if you want
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

I am viewing your pic on the pool now... So you want to request removal of these pictures? The 2 pictures I already saw and this one seated on the pool with Jesie Q?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i don't know her name but if you see me there I'm sure that's the one
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

I now know your face haha... Anyway those pictures are beautiful -- do you really want to ask for removal?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they didn't answer my email when I asked them to remove the pictures if there a way to hide them ? like when I google my name they don't appear. I read that something like that was possible i don't remember if it was on youtube or on a website
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks i don't like them at all its from 2015 i don't know why its now that I'm thinking about it... are you planing to email them ? because they didn't answer me
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, please give me a moment to explain a few things

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting. First, I do not know the site's policy regarding the removal of the pictures from their site. I am saying this because, in those pictures, you are with other people, and so removing them would remove those other people's pictures too.

Second, those pictures only appear when you search for your name because the published articles where the pictures of you were uploaded contained captions bearing your name. Google and other search engines do not really recognize images. They are just brought up in searches where the keywords being searched for are associated in forms of captions -- like the 3 pictures of your. Actually there are 4 pictures of yours that I found, a total of 2 on the pool event. This 4th picture is a group picture.

So I believe the very first thing that you can do to solve this problem is still to contact the website. I believe I cannot do that on your behalf. And I also suggest that you contact the AUTHOR of the page where your pictures published since this author I believe has a way to modify his article. Another thing, I suggest that you do not ask them to remove the pictures, considering that there are other people on the pictures, but instead, to ask him to REMOVE your NAME in the caption to that the pictures will NOT appear on searches on your name.

I checked and the author of the page in the pool is Alejandro Chavarria. I checked for him but there are several people with similar names as his. But he is a photographer so I found his name in LinkedIn (you need to have a LinkedIn account to contact him) and here is his Profile Link where you can contact him:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandrochavarria

You can also contact WorldRedEye website but I really suggest that you ask them NOT to remove the photos but to REMOVE your names in the captions so that the pictures will no longer appear in searches of you.

And when you contact them, provide these links since these are the pages where your pictures were published with your name:

http://worldredeye.com/2015/02/mondrian-saturdays/

http://worldredeye.com/2015/01/remastered-wednesdays-at-the-forge/

Now, when your name is ***** ***** the image captions, your pictures will NOT be removed from Google searches immediately. This is because of what we call "cached" contents. That is, Google will still be showing old contents UNTIL it crawls and indexes the worldredeye website again. That is the only time that Google knows that there were changes made in the site and then save those changes that will then affects new search results.

But you can do something about it. You can file a report to Google requesting removal of cached contents. But then again, this will only be effective after world red eye website REMOVES your name from the image captions! Otherwise, Google will always use those pictures since there were no changes made to the website's contents. However, you can only send such request to Google if you have a Google Webmaster or Gmail account.

Here is the link for such request:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6349986?hl=en

Again, these procedures do not take effect immediately. That is, even if the worldredeye site already removed your names in the captions, or even after you submitted the removal requests to Google, it will take some time for those changes to "propagate" across several thousands of servers that Google is using.

For more information that you may find useful, please use this link:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6332384?hl=en

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank yo for taking your time to explain everything. I understandd all you said and will email them again to remove the name meanwhile i can't get the ink off google search or hide my name ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you can only request to remove those picture results from Google after the worldredeye site already REMOVED your names from the pages. The reason for this is because when Google removed the cached contents, by the time Google bots crawl the worldredeye site again, they will see your name there, then the deleted cached contents will be rebuilt and those pictures will again show up when searching your name.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Soraya,

How is it going? Were you able to contact the website to request the removal of your name in the captions of the pictures? I hope the author of the page who hosted your pictures will respond to your request in your favor and remove your names in the captions of those pictures so that those pictures will gradually disappear when searching about your name on Google.

I hope that helped.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess