Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I received an error message on my computer concerning a

Customer Question

I received an error message on my computer concerning a possible virus and asking me to call 1-***-***-**** for a Microsoft Certified Technician. I call and they are located in the Philippines. They said they could not send me a certification regarding their affiliation with Microsoft. They wanted to have me give them access to my computer to solve the issue. I think this is a scam, and did nothing beyond just the simple phone call to them. What should I do next. The message says that my computer will crash and all files will be erased if I try to shut down or power off.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

I'm a security expert, This is a scam, and a common one. Do not give them ANY info. If all you did was call, you are in good shape. I see this scam at least 10 times a day.