Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer
Experience:  if you have any questions about softwares please contact me
76221641

Just recently I started to receive a message on start up

Customer Question

Just recently I started to receive a message on start up that the dll (Program Files (x86) Think Pad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll could not be found. How can I reinstall this dll?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Not much
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just Windows 10 updates (automatic)
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, First try this quick fix : Hit Win+X, and click Command Prompt (admin). Type in SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter. Let it run, and see if it says any problems were fixed.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Scan did not find any integrity violations. Is this particular dll necessary, and if not, can somehow get rid of the message.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no way I can download a dll file?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Please Go into the control panel and find scheduled tasks. In the bottom pane, find the running task called "Lenovo Settings Power". Delete or disable the task.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Yes you can but please try this solution first :

Go into the control panel and find scheduled tasks. In the bottom pane, find the running task called "Lenovo Settings Power". Delete or disable the task.

Hope this work out

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, Don't have any "Scheduled Tasks" in control panel. Think I'll just ignore message and be done with it. Thanks for you help anyway.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

This DLL file made by Lenovo Group Limited and this issue is cause by the Lenovo Power Management software that could be outdated or not compatible, Please Check your computer directory C:\Windows\System32 folder for the following files:

• PWMCP32V.cpl
  • PWMCP64V.cpl

If any of this files exist please remove them and Reboot

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you