GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years Experience in IT
76665483

I can't access my wordpress blog. It's markosun.com. I can't

Customer Question

I can't access my wordpress blog. It's markosun.com. I can't get to my dashboard. An issue with a second account. Please help.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I can't get to wordpress support because I can't get into my dashboard. I was with wordpress support chat last night but now I can't get in.
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Just to access my dashboard.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really.
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

What happens when you go to markosun.com/wp-admin ? That is the normal method of accessing all of the administrative features of a Word Press blog.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't log in because it wants a password. but it sends the update password ***** the wrong wordpress account. Cement222, which has been deleted. I can't get into wordpress support. Is there a way around this? I have to leave to work. I'll check your response tonight. Thanks
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Since you can't reset the admin password ***** easy way you will need to access your actual WordPress files from your hosting provider. Go to host PhpMyAdmin > select database > select wp-users > In the data, you can change the password ***** username for admin. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

If you aren't comfortable doing that, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you.

Please note that in order for me to do this for you, you will need to be able to access your Wordpress files via ftp. If you aren't sure how to do that, you will need to contact the company that hosts your Wordpress Blog and get the ftp instructions and ftp username and password ***** them, before our remote session.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

If this information has been helpful to you, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!