syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

I, **** am very limited in my computer skills. My apple tv

Customer Question

I , John **** am very limited in my computer skills. My apple tv and you tube no longer work, as I didn't realize they were connected through google. I attempted yesterday to change passwords, etc... and nothing works now. Can someone call me and walk me through getting things back online. thanks(###) ###-####JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test? Customer: don't have a clue what you mean JA: Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: I do JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you? Customer: I didn't unless I did it without knowing

Category: Software
Expert:  syseng replied 4 months ago.

My name is David.

Loss of Internet connectivity, even to certain sites such as YouTube, may be caused by memory errors in the devices that provide your Internet access. So before making further changes, please power down the modem that provides your Internet access (pull the power cable) and then power it up again after waiting 10 seconds. Next, power down the wireless router (if you do not have one it could be that the modem and router are integrated as one device), and wait 10 seconds, then power it up again. Then power down your Apple TV, wait 10 seconds, and power it up again. Then test to see if YouTube access has been restored.

Please let me know the result. Also, if you are satisfied with the service please provide a positive rating.

Thanks,

David.