syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

I was entering a recurring apt on my works monthly calendar

Customer Question

I was entering a recurring apt on my works monthly calendar and it now won't open and says to try reinstalling works?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: IF you mean, am I computer challenged, no but I don't know a lot!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happens sometimes when I try to enter dates from old year and extend to new year
Category: Software
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid the deposit. Is anyone there?
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

My name is David.

Since a lockup is occurring, it could be that your profile files along with the file system may be corrupted.

First I would recommend performing a scan of the disk to fix errors. To do this, depending upon which version of Windows you are running, click the Windows Start button, then click the Search box and type

CMD

in the Search box but do not press Enter. Then right click on the CMD icon that appears and click Run as Administrator. In the command window that opens type

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter.

Then when prompted to scan on reboot press the "Y" key and press Enter and then reboot.

Let chkdsk scan the file system and repair errors. After reboot, log in and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if you need further assistance. Also, if you are satisfied with the service please provide a positive rating.

Thanks,

David.