Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

We had tech help last night and they set it up to download

Customer Question

We had tech help last night and they set it up to download windows again and download windows updates. 8 downloads in all. It ran all night and had not even completed 1 download. I even tried to hard wire rather than use the wifi and still no completion of even one. I am not sure what to do, but I need a computer that works. Can you help us?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP pavilion,
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It wont 't i
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it wont install, it was running all night and did not install any updates. We have not been able to use this computer since we got it in Dec.
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes, the computer will freeze on updates and you will need to power it off and power it back on again.

Hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds until the computer powers off.

Wait 10 seconds and power it back on.

Did the updates download? Are you able to use the computer?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.