Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have ended up with more than one Facebook site. Can u help

Customer Question

I have ended up with more than one Facebook site. Can u help erase theabandonned sites. My name Timothy Patrick Barkyoumb appears on 2 one I would like to keep. Another Timothy p Barkyoumb I would like to erase. Maybe a Tim Barkyoumb exists. I have asked for help and have gotten nowhere. These are mine not anyone else.
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: I used both Timothy Patrick Barkyoumb today. I thought the other was erased. Then figured it's a double. So I chechecked and it was.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer:***@******.*** is by google
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I left messages on the sites in a help area. U would be the first independent contractor. I did speak to someone in India. For some reason that didn't work out.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can they help with such a Facebook problem?
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

The duplicate Facebook page(s) can be deactivated easily IF you can sign into them. Here's how:

1. Click the downward arrow at the top right of any Facebook page
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Click on the link at the bottom of the main menu that says “Download a copy of your Facebook data”.

Then you need to go to https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, click on "Delete my account", then follow the steps to confirm.

It may take up to 90 days for Facebook to delete all of the things you've posted, like your photos, status updates or other data stored in backup systems. While Facebook is deleting this information, it is inaccessible to other people using the social network.

Some of the things you do on Facebook aren’t stored in your account. For example, a friend may still have messages from you in their inbox. That information will remain even after you delete your account, so you will need to contact the recipients of you want it removed.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If you are not able to sign in to the duplicate account(s) and you are not able to reset the password, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION, where I connect to your computer and work on this as you watch. I can help you with the process of claiming ownership of the account(s) by uploading acceptable forms of id, etc, and regaining access, then helping to get the account(s) deleted once you can sign-in. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.