Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My hard drive crashed on my server. Been backing up with

Customer Question

My hard drive crashed on my server. Been backing up with carbonite and using Medisoft with frequent backups on hard driver and USB. When trying to open up Medisoft on another computer, keep getting "do not have right to pathway" and server issues. I just need my data on one computer and no more servers for now. Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell, windows 10, medisoft version 17 network professional
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no medisoft updates (actually using other EMR). issue is getting info back from carbonate and opening up medisoft to add the files for scheduling.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not at the computer, came home after hours of trying to rectify the situation.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 20 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if this error message is exactly the one that program is giving you? Please verify again and if not, please reply with the exact error message afterwards.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
medisoft error do not have rights to this path? Error 6420 - Advantage Database Server Not Found?
I'm not sure, Left office frustrated earlier
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
TOMORROW, I'll be back in office. Needed some info tonight so I can sleep-

I see, well, you need a server with the advantage database running for this to work, is the server on and running?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No one is in the office. Could someone call the office tomorrow noon EST?

I think a connection to the affected computer would be the best idea tomorrow then, so that we can check what is going on together. Would that work for you?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Call tomorrow Jan 5 around noon EST(###) ###-#### Thanks

I can´t call at that time, but I can forward you to another expert that possibly can if you wish. But I honestly think that a remote-connection would make more sense to fix the problem "hands on". Please let me know what I should do and I will act accordingly. Thank you :)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please have a colleague experienced with Medisoft and carbonate call the office tomorrow 12-1PM EST. Thanks
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm at the computer- please contact me
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 19 days ago.

as you see, no other expert picked up your question as no one of them has experience with that special combination. I still can offer you to do it via a remote-connection, just let me know.

Thank you,

Lorenz