Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I would like to remove an outdated cached link when people

Customer Question

I would like to remove an outdated cached link when people search for me on all search engines. I have done this successfully with Google. I tried this with Bing, but they are asking for a word that wouldn't be on the link now that the information has been removed. The problem is that the site requires the user to enter the information (my name) that has already been removed. I seem to be in a problematic loop.
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Why is that important?
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is not a hardware problem.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

"Cached"? Cached where?

You mean it comes up in search results? That ain't "cached."

Were it cached, and had it failed when retrieved against, it would automatically have been dropped from the cache.

Please advise.

BTW, I saw your amusement (and bemusement), "Why is that important?"

Simple-minded scripts detect a word or two and ask questions that are often inane. It is about as advanced as 1960s-era ELIZA, with its characteristic "Tell me more about your mother" as a 'filler' when there's nothing else obvious to interject!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, so here is my dilemma. I got a DUI. This site https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/detail/21778338/no had a news report of this. I went to the site and asked to be removed. They removed me. Google sent me a link to request removal of the cached info, and I did it. It worked. However, when I go to Yahoo or Bing, the link is still there when I search for my name. If you click on the link, it takes you to a page where you have to enter my name to search for the news. When you do this, my DUI does not come up, which is good. However, I just want the link to not be on the search engines when someone searches for me. How do I remove this?