Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

Five weeks ago I installed a trial version of Autocad LT for

Customer Question

Hello:
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Five weeks ago I installed a trial version of Autocad LT for Mac on my computer. The order ID was 115494 and the password ***** On Dec 31, I purchased access to the program for one year. The order no. is 279693. I downloaded the application and the activation file. Every time I try to activate the program I get a message "x-force quit unexpectedly". The request code I've been using is the order number, since at the original download instruction screen, it said no code was required. Since all this happened, I've disabled the root user option in the systems preferences and the same thing occurs. I have a MacBook Pro 8.2.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I just received the computer from a friend who had it brought back to the original settings, only updated.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think I described everything. Thank You.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I just got the ACad LT 2017 for Mac working. The original version in the trial was 2016 which I can no longer access. I tried to uninstall it, I couldn't because the X-Force file is still "open". I can't open the X-Force file, which was used for application of the 2016 trial version. I have no idea what this file is for with respect to the 2017 version I just installed, if anything. I can't even get the app off my desktop screen or even move it to trash. I'd like to get rid of the 2106 program, if I don't need it for the 2017 program. I don't know if I can, given what I just described. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Expert:  Josh replied 21 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 21 days ago.

Please restart your computer and do not open any Autocad software.

Now, follow these steps to remove the software: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/remove-mac-products

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 20 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.