Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I ordered & am paying for Adobe LGRM & Pototshop CC. I have

Customer Question

I ordered & am paying for Adobe LGRM & Pototshop CC. I have OS Sierra 12.10.1 I am an absolute beginner!!!. I have no idea what to do first. (I have some pre-edited pix I want to go right into PS, but note that Lightroom only recognizes iPhoto, & all my pix migrated to that awful "Photos". How to I get some picture into Photoshop & find out how in the &$#+ to work it???
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Nothing of depth - just 4 years of basic stuff
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Last one was the OS Sierra 12.10.1
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I've read a LOT about my issue, but the terminology is above me. Also, it seems that perhaps Apple 12.10.1 doesn't "get along with PS (bought it last month). Jus need a way to understand it, and overcome the Adobe/Apple gap Didn't know it would cost that much. Fine if I could understand a word of what teach is saying, but afraid I can't!!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael.

You can edit the photos in photoshop as long as they are in a compatible format. If they are, then you can skip the first 3 steps below of exporting from another app. Go right to the "open with" step.

1. Click on the photo you want to edit.
  2. Go to the File > Export > Export Unmodified Original menu item. (If you don't care about the highest quality possible, you can simply drag and drop the photo to your desktop.)
  3. Save the photo to your desktop.
  4. From your desktop, drag the photo into your favorite image editor. (Or control/right click the icon and choose "Open with..." and then your favorite image editor.)

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority.
Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am compensated for my time.
You can reply back at any time, even after rating, if you need additional assistance.

--------------------

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This in no way even gets me started!!! What is a "comparable format"? I am given no options in PS as to what to "open with".
Why would I go to the "export" unmodified original when ALL my photos are modified.? (which I believe I already stated in my original note). I just need to tweak them a bit. There are many online notations about the misfit of my version of Sierra to the Adobe CC programs. Again, not addressed. These need to be addressed FIRST & I have no clue how to do it. ME Ulrich
I am even more confused than I was. This is definitely NOT worth the $$, and I will contest if I am charged.