Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

Windows 7 ultimate edition installed on the recovery drive

Customer Question

windows 7 ultimate edition installed on the recovery drive on accident. is there a way to move system files back to the c: drive? the recovery E: drive is only 14 GBs and now is almost full. if the sysfiles cannot be moved back to the correct drive, is there a way to increase the storage space of the E: drive? I do have some free space on the C: so is it possible to take some of that and give some free space to the E: drive. They're both the same physical HDD, just 2 different partitions within the same drive. thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

There isn't a way to "share" the space between the C and E drives. For example, you cannot move free space from the C drive onto the E drive to give it additional room.

Also, there isn't a way to move the operating system install from the E drive to C drive without having to complete the full installation again.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
then how do you format the C drive and E drive so I can reinstall the windows fresh?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If you have the installation CD then you can restart your computer and boot to the CD/DVD drive which will start the formatting and install of the operating system for you.