Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I receive facebook notifications that are not mine, they are

Customer Question

I receive facebook notifications that are not mine, they are for a Carlo Jeans. I am Cindy Jeans
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: Right before Christmas. This has been going on for several years but I didn't know what to do. I don't use gmail regularly but I got an iPhone 7 plus and was trying to set it up so I could download apps. I have two gmail accounts.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Right now it is through my phone as it is new and I was trying to get some apps
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to change the password. That seemed successful but the next day when I was trying to access my app store it didn't accept the password.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I opened a different gmail account, but that password *****'t work, either I am worried that someone has hacked my account, and with all the identy theft issues, I am an older person, and this becomes so frustrating to me as I can't speak to a human to get instruction.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You asked for a $5 to answer my question. Now you are asking for an additional $37? That is false marketing. Please delete all my information and refund the $5 immediately.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 19 days ago.

There may be a bug in the app that's causing the wrong notifications to show up. I would suggest turning them off, at least temporarily.

Open Facebook for Android on your device, open the in-app menu and select Settings. Scroll down to find the Notification option in there. If you would like to disable all the notifications from the app (comments, wall posts, messages, etc.) simply uncheck that option.

Then make sure you no longer get the notifications, then you might want to try turning it back on to see if it is resolved.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority.
Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am compensated for my time.
You can reply back at any time, even after rating, if you need additional assistance.

--------------------