Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with more than 10 years of experience
23822421

I just used the newest version of ccleaner on my other

Customer Question

I just used the newest version of ccleaner on my other c0omputer, and now it won't reboot. The screen has a message at the bottom that says to "Please press DEL or F@ to enter UEFI BIOS setting". Neither of those actions work, though.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an ASUS - windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes the ccleaner
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so. i don't have admin privaledges on this computer that im speaking to you with
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Try this please:

Hold down the power button to turn the machine off. About 4 - 5 seconds.

Once off, turn it on and as soon as you see the Asus logo, start tapping the F9 key about once per second.

Do you get to a new screen?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, nothing happened. It went back to the same screen
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

Thanks. Can you tell me the model number of the computer?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
G20AJ-B11
Expert:  Byron replied 18 days ago.

Thank you. I'm just not sure what CCleaner did to the machine to get it like this. I'll open your

question up to all the experts. One of them may have an idea as to how to get it back up.

You'll receive an email notification when one responds.

Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

You may need to reset your PC to factory defaults, but your data (documents, pictures, etc) will be lost.

To reset your PC:

1. Press the F9 key during bootup.

2. From the screen, click Troubleshoot.

3. Select Reset your PC.

4. Click Next.

5. Select Only the drive where the Windows is installed.

6. Follow the prompts to reset your computer to factory settings

If nothing works, then your restore partition may be gone. In that case I would reinstall Windows using a Windows install CD. If you don't have one, please call Asus so they can ship one to you.

====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====