Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I got a 150:30 error on my new computer trying to use

Customer Question

I got a 150:30 error on my new computer trying to use InDesign which was transferred from the old computer. Reading your support info which says I need to reinstall. However my InDesign is on a disc and my new computer doesn't have a slot. What do I do? note both computers are Macs
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: some, still learning. My son is an IT guy so I can pass the answer on to him if necessary.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Yes you need to reinstall reinstall InDesign software, please download it from the link below :

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=31&platform=Macintosh

let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have downloaded what I think is the right fix and am waiting for help from my son who is an IT guy. He can access my computer from his. Thank you for your help. I'll let you know if I need anything more.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Ok, Take your time, Hope it work out.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It turns out that the Adobe page you referred me to only offers upgrades. I need to reinstall the whole program of InDesign from the original discs. My son is going to bring over his USB CD external drive so that he can reinstall the program for me. He also recommends that I get an external CD drive.
Thank you for your help but it turns out my problem needs hardware, not software.