syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

Do you have (or can install) googlevoice web? Are you able

Customer Question

do you have (or can install) googlevoice web?
Are you able to play voicemail messages in it?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
about a year ago, the audio stopped.
I hit play, and it shows on the screen it is playing, but there is no sound.
(all other sounds on the computer work, and it does play sound when I play my greeting recording)
(and I know there is an actual recording, because it plays when I click on it in the phone app)
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

You can access Google Voice voicemails going to https://www.google.com/voice and clicking on Voicemal

Next to the voicemail there is a speaker icon, please drag it to the right to turn the volume up.

Does it work? Please click REPLY to let me know.

Thank you!

====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You did not read my question. please read and respond to the question. thanks.(remote login is not allowed due to company policy.)

I know remote login is not allowed. Just to confirm, have you tried clicking the speaker icon located to the right of the voicemail?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You did not read my question. please read and respond to the question. thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MODERATOR... PLEASE FIND EXPERT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. THANKS.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 3 months ago.
Hello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille

Ok, I apologize for the delay. No, you cannot install googlevoice web, it is only accessible from an internet browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox.

Please click REPLY and let me know if you need anything else. Have a blessed day.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The question was:
Do you have GVW open in your browser? Does it play the voicemails?
If yes to both questions, then tell me steps to fix this problem, after you have researched the solution on the GV forum.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I click to play my greeting message, I hear it fine, but when I click to play voice messages, it is silent.
I think a good clue here is that I'm experiencing the very same thing with Whatsapp... I can here messages when on my phone, but not on my computer.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello?
I am sorry that you have not received further assistance. Your question has remained open to Experts, who ultimately make the choice of whether or not to assist on any given question. Would you like for me to close this for you, or do you prefer to continue waiting?
Camille- Moderator
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still need an answer.
thank you :-)
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Hello -

My name is***** am investigating the issue now and will respond back with my findings momentarily.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

The Flash Player plugin installed on your computer may need to be updated. Please click the link below:

click here

In the page that displays, if it shows that your Flash Player plugin needs to be updated, click the Update Now button and complete the download and update. Then restart your web browser and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved once you perform the above procedure.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my flash showed as latest version.
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Ok thanks.

Next, access Google Voice on a different web browser and attempt to play voice messages. If the voice messages are audible, then resetting your other web browser (Safari?) may resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My account does not play in any of the browsers.
I also logged into someone elses account, and it doesn't play in any of the browsers either.
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Ok thanks.

If the messages forwarded from your mobile phone number and if your mobile phone service is Verizon, call the Google Voice number directly and leave a message and then try playing back the message and let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
all messages are left on the google voice number directly.
Expert:  syseng replied 3 months ago.

Ok thanks.

At this point I am going to open up your question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MODERATOR... PLEASE FIND AN EXPERT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. THANKS.