Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I purchased Photoshop Elements 15 from Costco. My computer

Customer Question

I purchased Photoshop Elements 15 from Costco. My computer is a refurbished mid-2007 iMac. It has a 2.4 GHz processor, Intel core 2 Duo. The memory was 3 GB 667 MHz DDr2 SdRAM. The program is Yosemite 10.3. According the info on the box, I thought it would load and function. It didn't. I took my computer back to Simutek, a local Tucson Mac store for help. After trouble shooting, they upgraded me to El Capitan and added another stick of memory. So - after tech fees, an upgrade and 4 sticks of memory, it still won't load. Simutek suspects my processor on my 2007 machine can't handle the program. The "crash" info indicated that my Mac wouldn't recognize the instructions from Elements 15. I loaded it fine, but it won't run without crashing.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm sorry I'm so long winded. Comes from not be that tech savvy. That info is later in the typing (paragraph). Old professors die hard...complete sentences, blah blah blah.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Please see above missive.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish I knew.
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I will help you now.

When you say "won't load" what's specifically going on? Are you able to install? Do you get any error messages? Tell me the exact error messages you receive , if you receive them. thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just needed to know if you thought the processor eas incablr of supporting the program. Frankly, im surprised that i have to text you on my phone....slso that you now have my credit card number. I feel frustrated snd disappointed. Joe much eill it vist me to just csncel this whole "appointment"???
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thsnk you. Please!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what has this cost me? I'm not a satusfied customer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please have the courtesy to let me know now.