Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I use windows 7. I am experiencing problems with entering

Customer Question

I use windows 7. I am experiencing problems with entering passwords. It will only let me enter partial passwords. Just five or six letters.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds most unusual and quite irksome.

Does it ever let you enter complete (long, > 6-letter) passwords? and actually log in ?

A question: Did it work OK with passwords before this, if so, how recently did the problem start?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It has just started. All the passwords I use consist of more them six letters and numbers

OK.

Can you log in to your Windows computer (or is it an Apple?) when you restart? I presume so, you say you restarted. (I guess your Windows login password ***** ***** 6 characters long?)

So I presume the problem is in Web pages, or similarly, not 'everywhere' ?

If so, what web browser are you using, is it Internet Explorer, or Firefox, Safari, etc. ?