Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I'm trying to restore files from a previous backup and

Customer Question

I'm trying to restore files from a previous backup and Norton only shows backup from 11/6/16 is there a way to go back further? Windows deleted some files and I can't seem to find them.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please try doing system restore.

1. Open System Restore

Search for system restore in the Windows 10 Search box and select Create a restore point from the list of results. When the System Properties dialog box appears, click the System Protection tab and then click the Configure button.

2. Enable System Restore

Click to enable Turn on system protection and then use the Max Usage slider to determine how much of your hard drive to use to store Restore Points — 5% to 10% is usually sufficient — and click OK. If you ever need to create a restore Point manually (just before you start messing with any system settings, for example), return to this dialog box and click the Create… button, otherwise Windows 10 will create them automatically.

3. Restore your PC

Whenever you want to return to a Restore Point, open the System Properties dialog box again (see Step 1), click the System Protection tab and then click the System Restore… button. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired Restore Point when prompted. You can also click the Scan for affected programs button before going any further, to see what might change on your PC afterwards. When you’re happy to proceed, click Next.