Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I purchased the full Adobe suite (CS3) several years ago

Customer Question

I purchased the full Adobe suite (CS3) several years ago while in college. If I remember correctly, I received two licenses with the purchase and I only have one loaded on my PC. I'm now working on Photo Shop and have purchased the 1-year plan for Creative Cloud CC5. I loaded it on the same pc that I have CS3. When I try to open any of the apps in CS3 it comes back with the message that I can't use it at this time and to contact Adobe.
1) How do I reactivate the CS3 on the current desktop?
2) Once CS3 is working on my current pc, where do I find records showing I still have one additional license so I can use in on a laptop I have.
3) Last, how to I move CC5 to a new laptop that I'll be getting in Jan.
In case you need, my email is***@******.***
Thanks, Ed
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

Hello Ed, how are you today?

Do you have access to your Adobe account?

https://accounts.adobe.com

Regards,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have access to my Adobe account. But there's nothing in it and I think it's just from the cc five
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

When you click on My Products what do you see?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I've already paid $48 for the answers to my questions to get it going I don't think I need to pay another $38 to have somebody under the machine. As far as plans as far as products listed I'm showing on my page plans and products and the only thing it has listed under it is creative cloud photography when you're pre-paid
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

The remote offer that appears on your end is completely optional, it just allows me to work directly with you from your computer which is usually a lot faster and less prone to error.

When you purchased CS3, where did you get it from?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I ordered it through the Fort Scott University IT department. It was a student package.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The CS three used to be in my account. I know that because I had to disconnect the program before I uninstalled it
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I meant to say deactivate the program before I uninstalled it
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

Is it possible you had it under another email address?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't think so, I've lived here for 15 years and use Cox cable the entire time. Unless I started a special email address just for adobe
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

In regards ***** ***** original question - how long ago did you install creative cloud over the CS3 installation?

You could run a simple system restore to undo those changes and then install CC in a separate directory so there's no conflict

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It has been several months since I installed it. My question though is how can I reactivate the CS3 programs since they don't show up in my adobe account?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Also, both the CS3 and CC5 programs were working after the install.
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

Do you have the original serial key?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i'll get it out
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

You can only try to activate it with the original serial key, if that doesn't work you'll need to contact Adobe's billing / licensing department so they can tell you whether it's still valid

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
do you have the contact number for Adobe licensing?
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

Just a moment, I'll get you their number and URL

Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

Number:(###) ###-####br />
Licensing Website: Click Here

Direct Product Contact Page: Click Here

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I started this call. I thought you were an Adobe tech. I've already wasted hours trying to get an answer for this and it looks like I'll still need to spend more time when and if this can be resolved. Will there be a charge to my credit card? If so to who and for how much? Also make sure this is a one time charge. It looked like it was setting me up for a monthly charge.
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

It should say the URL of the website you're contacting me on (JustAnswer.com)

I am just a regular user like you on this site so I don't know how much you are billed, but the monthly subscription is only enabled if you click on it on your end.

I have given you all the information I was able to give you in regards ***** ***** requests - I can stay online with you until you have it resolved if you like?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm not sure if I hit the monthly button, since I thought it was the only choice to move forward. Please supply me with contact information for JustAnswer.com.
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

You should be able to check by clicking on My Account on the top right

Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

The contact URL is:

ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't see where you can help me on this. I will have to search out license numbers and uninstall and reinstall with hopes that will solve the issue. I see where JustAnswer has already billed me for $43.00 and $5.00. Is the number you supplied earlier able to discuss billing errors?
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

The numbers I gave you before were for Adobe

Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

I offered a remote session before because I need to take a look at it to be able to resolve it for you - since we didn't go that route I could only provide you with the steps you need to take to get to where you want to be. One of those steps is to call up Adobe and make sure your license is still valid on their end which I cannot check for you.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Then what is the contact for JustAnswer?
Expert:  Martin replied 19 days ago.

URL: ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Phone number: 1(###) ###-####/p>