Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

This message has popped up on my computer and locked up

Customer Question

this message has popped up on my computer and locked up chrome browser, how do I make this stop?
dosjoi.com says
this message has popped up on my computer that says my computer has been blocked Error 268D3
please call immediately 1(###) ###-#### I did call and a Pakistan "tech" wants to use Log me in to access my files and then he will tell me how much it will cost to fix my problem. He said it is a virus but why did my new virus program catch it. What can I do?
** your comu
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message. It is a scam.

Can you please shut down / restart the computer, and check? Then open Chrome, then do not select the option to restore if prompted, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I have done that, I have restarted my computer, it pops up at least every other day. How can I stop it?

Sorry. Does this issue only occur when you use the Chrome internet program?

Please try the following fix:

- In Chrome browser program, click on the 3-dot (or 3-bar icon) at the upper right corner, then click on Settings, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on option Show advanced settings if available. Then scroll down to the bottom again, then click on Reset settings, then click on Reset, then check. If needed, close Chrome browser, then re-open it and check.

- Also, please never follow any instructions from any popup message window or any email message or any phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Please let me know. Thank you,

How are you? Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestion above yet?

Do you still need help with the popup issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

How are you? It's almost two weeks. Do you still need help with this computer issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,