Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I had Trojan.Kotver!gm2 virus, which my Norton AV "solved,"

Customer Question

I had Trojan.Kotver!gm2 virus, which my Norton AV "solved," telling me to reboot -- which I did. This occurs repeatedly. I obviously still have the virus. Suggestions?--John
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP Pavilion w/ Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I install updates that I learn about -- not sure when was the last one.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Indirectly related: Why quarantine bad stuff, rather than just deleting it?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 21 days ago.

Hi John, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to use the infected computer now to chat with me?

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess