Bob James
Bob James, IT Support Specialist
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certification & Network Support Certificate @ University of Phoenix
96807910

I have a Lenovo ideapad 110, running Windows 10. Last night

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Lenovo ideapad 110, running Windows 10. Last night my system froze and I am pretty sure I lost an important draft in progress of a document - either a .doc file or a .txt (Notepad) file. What temp folders might I look in to search for anything auto-cached?
Category: Software
Expert:  Kevin T replied 2 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 2 months ago.

What application were you using?

Expert:  Bob James replied 2 months ago.
There is no temporary location for files in this scenario. The only possible "auto-save" would result in 1 of 2 things:
1. The document(s) would appear the next time the computer was on.
2. If it was Word, anything "recovered" would appear on the left when Word was launched.
I know this is not much of a consolation, and I'm sorry you lost what you were working on.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry but I'm fairly certain there are hidden folders viewable if "un-hid", containing log files of various types that have cached much user history. Within AppData directory. This is the information I was looking for.