Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

WHEN I ENDEAVOUR TO COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEBODY ON SKYPE I CAN

Customer Question

HI, WHEN I ENDEAVOUR TO COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEBODY ON SKYPE I CAN SEE AND HEAR THEM, THEY CAN SEE ME BUT CANNOT HEAR ME.I HAVE DONE A SOUND TEST ON COMPUTOR, MIKE IS OK.WHEN I DO SKYPE MIKE TEST I CANNOT HEAR REPLY VOICE.ANY IDEAS PLEASE. PAT.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: DELL
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: THOUGHT THEY WERE AUTOMATIC UPDATES
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  syseng replied 27 days ago.

My name is David.

First, I am assuming that Skype was previously working on your computer. If not please let me know.

Based upon your initial responses it seems that no updates or other programs or applications have been installed. If that is the case the issue could be network or firewall related. Your network may have a modem, a wireless or standard router, or both. If both, then first power down the modem and wait 10 seconds, and then power up the modem again and wait for it to complete the boot up process. Next power down the router and wait 10 seconds and then power up the router and wait for it to complete the boot process. Then power down your computer and wait 10 seconds and power it up again and then test to see if the issue is resolved. This solution may resolve the issue if there are errors held in the memory of the network devices that are preventing Skype communication from working properly and need to be cleared.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Hello, it appears the previous expert has opted out.

Did you still need help with this issue, please respond and let us know the status when you can.

Thank you,

Dustin S