hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

I have a file (nis.exe *32) that seems to be using a lot of

Customer Question

I have a file (nis.exe *32) that seems to be using a lot of processing power. Under "Properties", it says the Original filename was ccSvcHst.exe. That seems odd. Is it OK?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: PC/Windows 7 Ultimate
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Windows updates?
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a problem with a program ssSvcHst.exe before. It keps growing in size. I kept stopping it, and it finally went away. Is this it renamed?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, that didn't work. Any way you can JustAnswer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Guys, I paid the five f**kin' bucks. May I have an answer please? Without having to jump through all the bullshit hoops that follow?
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 7 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

This sounds like a virus or spyware / adware that is causing this. Can I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is an optional service with a one-time flat fee, regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume it at any time, without additional costs. It also is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why would I have those problems since I'm using Norton Symantec protection?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This "service" (not) sucks. Good by.

Well, Adware != Viruses, hence not seen by Norton.

What sucks? What are you talking about?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
JustAnswer sucks. You guys have just convinced me to change anti-virus software if this is all Norton Symantec has to offer to support their products.

I do neither work for Norton nor for JustAnswer as an employee, I am an independent computer expert who is trying to help you and nothing else (JustAnswer is just a platform that matches people with questions to people with answers, much like eBay). But instead you keep telling me how all of this sucks and I am not sure what you actually want me to do. How about we get back to your problem and try to fix it up instead? Wouldn´t that be a better way to get things done? I am doing this since 17 years day in and day out and if we can do a remote-session, then I can fix this all up for you and make it work again. That´s all I really want to do for you at the moment, since you´ve called for an expert to help you - so let me help you instead of exchanging insults, don´t you think?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That, is seems, is the problem. If you were a NS employee, you'd have a vested interest in keeping a client. An independent contractor just wants (to help, ok you're a love) his PAYCHECK. I've been using NS anti-virus a lot longer than 17 years, but this is the first time I've ever needed some help. Paying $45 MORE to get that simple bit of help sucks.

I fear it will not be that simple as you think it is, but since you keep on telling me how all of this sucks instead to work with me to get it resolved as quick as possible, I will opt out of your question and hope some other expert can help you better with your needs than I could.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
of course, my "fully refundable" $5 will soon be coming my way (since only aggravation and no help was provided)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
BTW, it's not you personally. It's this system that tells me I'll get an answer for $5, and then my answer is that you'll need another $39 to take an actual look at the problem, and then who knows? Could be one of those "OMG! This is a HUGE problem. Send us $500 more to actually FIX it." Am I wrong?
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 7 months ago.

Hello let me give this a try.

​This is a common problem with Nortons. The "nis.exe" stands for the "Norton Internet Security" agent. The "ccSvcHst.exe" is installed by Nortons to allow you to interact with Nortons using the GUI.

​The only way to stop Norton's eating your CPU power is to disable the scheduled full scans in the task scheduler of Windows 7 as mentioned in the below blog.

​Please refer to this blog

​Please understand that we are Justanswer.com as the other Expert has told you above. We are independent techs worldwide.

​I have answered your question so please rate my service so that I can be paid for my time.