Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have the Yoga 2.11 The screen is black and the computer is

Customer Question

I have the Yoga 2.11 The screen is black and the computer is still running. I cannot get screen to turn off the computer. I tried rebooting but nothing helps.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is the Lenova Yoga 2 11 Model 20332 The label says Windos 8 but I think it automatically upgraded to 10. I can't get onto the screen to bring anything up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, it updated three days ago. It automatically updates every four or five days
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also changed my admin user name and when I did I lost all of my files attached to the old user name. Is there a way to get those back.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Yoga and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Yoga.

Let me know the results please

Thank you