ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

If I already have Norton utilities 16 installed, do I need

Customer Question

If I already have Norton utilities 16 installed, do I need Norton Security with Backup?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I've had this computer for 7 years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Possibly, not since I've installed Norton Utilities 16.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Norton Security With Backup keeps sending me pop ups to update my Norton protection, though I already have the Norton Utilities 16.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to answer this for you!

Norton Utilities and Norton Security are two completely separate product lines that serve two different purposes.

Norton Utilities is a PC maintenance program which keeps it optimized and working well in terms of performance. Norton Security provides security features such as an antivirus and a firewall to keep you safe online.

You should run a security program, whether it's Norton or a competitor's product, to make sure that you don't get attacked by hackers or viruses.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to close our session out for now.