Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

Bhavik, you did so well fixing my PC I thought I'd throw

Customer Question

Bhavik, you did so well fixing my PC I thought I'd throw another challenge at you. I have an E Machine that is roughly 3 -4 yrs old and has been a work horse. It's running windows 10 and last July I contracted with a company called Drivers Update and they have been doing quite well with keeping all 3 of my computers running with up tp date drivers. However, about 2 weeks ago they were updating 4 drivers and on about the 3 driver update the screen went blank and I lost the use of the monitor, keyboard and mouse. They just quit working. I tried to start up in the safe mode so as to do a recovery but without a keyboard and mouse i am stuck. Any suggestions.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am not sure that you can actually do this, with a disabled system, but the logical thing to try, is to attempt to either do a System Restore back to before the system was disabled, or otherwise revert the system back to workability.

(I realize this is somewhat basic, as advice goes - I'm also aware that you specifically requested Bhavik. So I apologize if this is disappointing, so far, and assure you that I will either extend my first attempt at an answer with further advice, or I will cede the case again until Bhavik picks it up.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't do a system restore because i can'yt log in

Right. Can you start Safe Mode, though? that menu (the menu where Safe Mode appears at the top as the top-listed option) has System Restore as an option, sometimes... depending upon (unfortunately) specifically allowing it in your system's configuration, in many cases.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I think I'll just take it in to Best Buy or someplace like that.
I am truly sorry I wasted your time

I assure you, you did not waste my time, thanks.

I have Opted Out, in case Bhavik sees this case and soon has a saving suggestion for the problem.

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi Francis,

What do you see when you try to restart your PC ? If you do not see anything then their may be an issue with the connection of your monitor. Unplug alll the devices and try plugging them back and then restart it.