Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have Illustrator CS6. I just installed MAC OS Sierra and

Customer Question

I have Illustrator CS6. I just installed MAC OS Sierra and Illustrator won't open. It says that I need Java SE 6 runtime. But I can't find it to install. The closest I got was jre-8u112-macosx-x64. It does not open Illustrator. What do I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Julie, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you getting this exact error message below?

"To open "application" you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime."

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is the response
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation.

Can I remotely access your Mac so that I can directly check your installation issues and fix your Illustrator while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you can connect. Does that mean $39 plus the original estimate of $38 or just the $39?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, it is 39 plus the original 38 since Secure Remote Assistance has an extra fee.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I tried to accept your request but there was an error from your end. Let me try accepting it again in a little while to see if the error is gone. If not, I will send you the equivalent offer for you to accept from your end to see if the error is gone.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I can no longer see your request. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jess I don't know what the problem is. The credit card info I sent you is correct. I have verified it several times! It is my latest card info!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry about the trouble. But I believe this is caused by your bank blocking the transaction. Please try accepting my offer after a few minutes and see if the error is gone, or call the bank to confirm that you are doing this transaction with us.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What am I supposed to do? I am reading all your replies and don't know what is going on.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Please try to accept my offer after a few minutes to see if the error is gone. If you entered your correct information and you got this error, I believe it is your bank blocking the transaction.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What offer?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Oh, like I mentioned, I no longer see your request for remote assistance, so I need to send an offer, which in this case, you need to accept to start our remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I can see that the error is still there. Please try accepting the offer a few few minutes, like 5 minutes or more, and see if the error is gone. Or you can call the bank to confirm that you are doing this transaction.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am geting tired of this I tried to accept your offer but it won't go through. I think it is at your end.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Please read my responses. The problem is not from our end. It could be your bank blocking the transaction since their system could suspect this as a fraud. You can wait few minutes and try accepting again, or call your bank to confirm that you are doing this transaction with us.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried calling the bank and can't get through to anyone that can help. Can we just quit this whole thing? What else can I do? I don't want to pay you if you haven'at fixed my problem. I can't pay you anyway because my credit cards are blocked. What else can we do?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I suggest you try accepting my offer again after a while like 30 minutes, if that is possible?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. It is after 11:00 and I neeed to go to bed and get up really early. Can you tell me what to do? I can send payment by check. Or try again tomorrow. Or not. I'll try somewhere else.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I believe the best option then is to resume this session tomorrow. Please bookmark or add our chat page to your Favorites so that you can easily get back to me in this chat when you are ready to resume.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, bookmarked. Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome, Julie. Till tomorrow then. Have a great night!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jess I am back. I didn't know how to get back to you again.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can we start again right now?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jess I hope we can work the problem out today, but I have a webinar that I have signed up for starting at 5:00pm. So I will be unavailable between 5 and probably 6:30pm PT. After that if you are available email me at my email address and let me know you are ready to fix the problem. Thanks.Julie
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Julie,

I am just starting my day, I am sorry for the late reply.

I am available now to resume with the remote session. Please accept my offer for remote access, I hope the error is gone.

After accepting it, you will then receive procedures to start and join the remote session.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jess thanks for replying. I'm sorry but I am going to stop this whole procedure at this point. I have a job that I need to finish right now so I can't stop to fix my problem. I will reevaluate after I finish and if I feel like I still need to continue, I will contact you again. I probably won't be doing the remote session. Again, thanks for your efforts and your time.Julie
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Ok Julie. I understand your concerns. I can provide you with detailed procedures instead if you do not want to use remote session.

Just let me know any time.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much.Julie
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome Julie.