Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My Illustrator CS5 will not open. When I try to reinstall

Customer Question

My Illustrator CS5 will not open. When I try to reinstall from my original disk, it says reboot but then I get an error message sayin that if these messages continue I should try Adobe clean script. 1) I don't know how to do that; 2) I don't want to loose my Illustrator license; and 3) it doesn't recognize Adobe account. To #3 I believe my account is under***@******.*** / password ***** Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: Just today. Yesterday I moved some partitions to make room for new software on C:\ Ane it turned out that I had woo many Acrobats (2 -Readers IX and 1 Acrobat Pro X. I deleted 1 Reader taking space on Drive C:
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, only a new TheSkyX Pro. Adobe updates for my Windows XP no longer exist.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have Adobe Type Manager, Adobe Acrobat Reader XI, Acrobat X Pro, Adobe CS5 ( Photoshop, Illustrator,InDesign, and Bridge).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

The Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool helps to resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite 5, Adobe Creative Suite 4, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 software. The tool can clean up install records for any pre-release (beta) installations of Creative Suite 5 products. The Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool is designed to not interfere with existing installations of previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite products, but it allows you to specify if you wish to remove them as well.

Back-up all data stored in Adobe product directories prior to using the CS5 Cleaner Tool, including custom plug-ins, preference files or profiles you have installed.

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Suite 5 products prior to using the CS5 Cleaner Tool.

YOu will need your Product Key License again. When you go to INstall CS5 again.

The license key is somethign you should ALWAYS have A paper record of.

If you bought the CS5 discs, then the paperwork that came with them contains the product license key.

The license key is what binds your Adobe account to your CS5 installation.

So....as long as you HAVE the license key.....you will be good to go to reinstall.

.

After you backup all your files in the Adobe directories, and UNinstall CS5 .......you will need to get the CLEANER Tool, by downloading it.

Any questions so far?

Are you receiving my responses?