swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Steve has many years of experience in software development.
47680681

I convert a PDF text file to a Word .doc? I select the icon

Customer Question

I convert a PDF text file to a Word .doc? I select the icon on a toolbar that allows this, I select "convert" , then I am required to enter an account but the information I provide is not accepted. Now what?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: How?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I only want to convert 1 document and it is not worth $52 to me
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

can you attach the document here? I can do it for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See attached
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You've had the file for 10 minutes. No reply. Is there a problem? Should this simple conversion take this long?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm thinking that I am being scammed and am putting a stop payment notice to my credit card company now. please reply now.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

I need time to convert it

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

sorry for the wait download the document here http://www.filedropper.com/will_1

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was not satisfied. I was not kept in the loop during the process. Feeling I was being scammed, I negated the charges ( plural) that you levelled to my credit card and terminated the card. I did not receive the conversion I asked for. Having withdrawn the funds, I consider the "membership" cancelled
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, my name is*****'m not sure what happened with the previous person you were talking to, but I've converted the file for you and posted it on this message. In the future, you should be able to convert a PDF file by going to the File menu and choosing Save As... and then selecting Microsoft Word as the format.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know why you did that. Unfamiliar with your service I posed the question. Cody accepted the input but did not keep me posted on the website during the process. Unbeknownst to me he sent e-mails to one of my e-mail addresses. After quite some time which I thought was in excess of the time needed to perform the task and getting no further responses from Cody, I was Thinking I had stumbled into a scam. I got on the phone to my credit card company and they advised me that I was billed $51 by justanswer, not the $5 I was expecting as an enrolment fee. Therefore we voided the charges and terminated the credit card so further charges could not be levied against the card. I e-mailed justanswer and advised you that I had suspected a scam and negated the charges and terminated the card. Furthermore, having done so, the membership was terminated. Why therefore did you proceed to answer the question? Not having received an answer from Cody, I was able to have the document translated by a friend of mine who has an Adobe account and therefore have no need for your unsolicited answer. Hope this clarifies. Maybe you can learn from this as I have and make adjustments to your procedures. I know I shall not contact you again.