Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I want to upgrade to El Capitan, but I'm not sure if my

Customer Question

Hi Michael, I want to upgrade to El Capitan, but I'm not sure if my adobe CS6 will be too old to work properly. Do I need to bite the bullet and buy Creative Suite? I've been trying to avoid the extra monthly cost. thanks, Julie
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Oh Hi Pearl, it said Michael was helping me. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: everything is updated
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I want to confirm that OS Sierra will not work with my current Adobe CS6 software, correct?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Adobe CS6 is not officially supported on El Capitan or later. There have been quite a few reports of users upgrading and losing all ability to run their CS6. I would say that you would need to update the latest Creative Studio to update to the latest macOS.

Please make sure to rate my service with the stars at the top of the chat window if I was able to answer your question to your satisfaction. Let me know if you have any other questions.