Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have Adobe Acrobat X Standard installed on one computer. I

Customer Question

I have Adobe Acrobat X Standard installed on one computer. I want to move tIthat installation to my new computer. Adobe won't let me run the setup from the CD that I have. It asked for serial number. Gave it the software serial number, didn't work. Then gave it the new computer serial number. Didn't work. Even gave it the old computer serial number and that did't work either.
I am happy with the software, want to continue to use it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Before you can install Adobe on a different computer, you must first deactivate it on the computer you have it running on. After you do that, you can proceed with the installation on the other computer.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

you need to use the serial number from the actual disk, not from the computer.

It will be written on the sleeve that the disk came in on.

If you have lost this, run this free program on the old computer

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Run it on the old computer, it will tell you the serial number within it and you then use this on the new computer

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you