Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My computer a Dell is saying Symantec is cleaning the

Customer Question

My computer a Dell is saying Symantec is cleaning the threats off your system it will reboot after it is completed it keeps rebooting.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: make is a Dell Inspiron I'm running Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Software
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

While at the Symantec screen, please press and HOLD down the Power button for 15 seconds (keep holding even after the screen has turned off), and then release the button.

Done that, press the Power button one more time to boot up the system - does it work all right this time?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

If this is a desktop computer, please unplug and replug the power adapter (while at the Symantec system) instead, and then boot up normally. Do let me know how it goes; I'll be here. Thank you.