Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

How can I move folders and files from my Dropbox to my

Customer Question

How can I move folders and files from my Dropbox to my computer desktop and save them there permanently? Using a PC with Windows 10. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You need to have this software to start with :-

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK, installing it now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK, I've installed the software and logged into my drop box account. What do I do next?

Now do you see your drop box folders using that software ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

yes

Okay ,So you are now done with it you can simply drag and drop the folder which you want in your drive and save it permanently

Using Dropbox on your computer is just like using any other folder on your hard drive, except the files you drag into your Dropbox folder automatically sync online and to any other computers or mobile devices linked to your account. The app runs in the background and automatically keeps your files in sync and backed up online. It's like having the same folder on all of your computers and mobile devices at the same time.

Using the desktop app means you won't have to manually upload or download files in your Dropbox folder. The app automatically watches your Dropbox folder and keeps your files in sync for you. Any time you save a change to a file and are connected to the internet, that change will sync everywhere you have Dropbox installed.

The desktop app even works when you're offline. The next time you're online, Dropbox will sync changes just where it left off.

Did this help you ? Are you satisfied with my answer ?