Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am new to WordPress. I was approved for the domain name

Customer Question

I am new to WordPress. I was approved for the domain name jesus..com yesterday approximately 2:15 p.m. I chose a theme, I paid $99 and began working on my blog webpage. I was interrupted and was not at my computer for about three hours when I came back to work on my blog again I'm typing in Jesus.com but was told that that domain was not available it had already been assigned or something to that effect how can I get back because this is what I really want to do is have that WordPress blog and also I don't lose my $99 that I paid you yesterday afternoon 10/19/2016. My email address is:***@******.***; also one other point I need to make is that I never received a confirmation email. Can you please help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I operate custom-built desktop running Windows 10.
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I just want to get back to where I was yesterday afternoon with my domain JESUS.COM and begin learning how to post my blogs I am a Christian writer and I have already about 3000 articles plus a small book and not think word press would be an excellent tool for me to communicate with the world. Please help?
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything, other than my telephone number which is home **********+ my cel **********. Thank you please help!
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to access your WordPess account right now?

Unfortunately, your desired domain is actually NOT available. I looked it up for you and it was already registered by someone else or some organization since 1994-10-23 and it was updated or renewed on 2015-10-17 and it will EXPIRE on 2019-10-22.

Do you want to proceed with your blog using another domain name that is 100% available?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why did they accept my $99 payment which covered a one-year subscription. And how do I get a refund for my money, so that I may start over again?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They accepted my $99 payment for a one-year subscription. How and when will that be refunded to me?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I believe you are trying to use the premium or paid service of WordPress.com. The fee was for the upgrade that will allow you to use your preferred domain name.

I am still here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is correct I paid for the premium***@******.***. Now that I find out my dome name is ***** ***** do I go about connecting back to WordPress and reap be reestablished with my fee already paid?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

However, if the domain name is ***** ***** you will just be notified that it is not available, but then you can still pick another domain name that is available.

I suggest that you use this website below to search for your domain name first, to see that it is available, before registering it for your blog.

Here is the link:

http://domainshelper.com/

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in setting up your WordPress blog?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess