Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Please help. I'm working in Lightroom 5. I am in view grid

Customer Question

Hi please help . I'm working in Lightroom 5. I am in view grid and selected all to prepare to export. I tried to deselect and delete a photo and all the photos are gone . It says no photos in selected folder . I have 300 plus images and Hours of work .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much Longer and where do I view the answer?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have, instead of de-selecting and then Deleting, have not de-selected and have actually Deleted those photos.

Deletion should be done with care.

What were you working in, the Export screen?

If the Export screen begins with a listing of files to choose to Export, look in your computer's

Recycle Bin

for all those photos. Hopefully that's where they are, you have but to select them all there, right-click on the selected group of deleted photos, and choose 'Restore', to put them back into your filesystem and back into usable status. Try that soon, not later. The longer this is put off, the more likely it is that these photos will not be recoverable this way.

I hope it works out well this way. Let me know. I stand ready to advise you further.