Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have Adobe acrobat reader updated on my Imac 10.12 I

I have Adobe acrobat reader updated on my Imac 10.12
I cannot print from acrobat.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?

When did this issue first occur?

What's the error or message when printing an acrobat reader / PDF file?

Was there any change recently to your computer that may have caused this issue?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Brother HL22ODW occurred when I upgrade adobe. No error message just doesn't print
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There doesn't seem to be an upgrade for this printer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only change was upgrade to Mac Sierra

Do you mean when you upgraded to Adobe and/or Mac Sierra?

Does it show up in the print queue when you print a PDF file?

If you open a PDF file in the Preview application, does it print?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Most recent upgrade was to Sierra does show up in print queue don't know what preview ap is

Thank you. What happens after it shows up in the print queue? Does it get stuck there with any message? Or does it disappear?

Can you click Finder, then click on Applications, then open the application called Preview there. Then in the Preview application, click on File -> Open, then open a PDF file and see if you can print in Preview application.

Can you also please confirm the printer model, such as HL-2270DW, etc. (not HL-22ODW)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Prints In Preview. HL228ODW

Great. Instead of using the Adobe application, you can use the Preview application for viewing and printing PDF files. Since the Sierra is the latest operating system version; some old printer models may not be compatible with all applications. But if you'd like to use Adobe application instead of Preview, I can provide some instructions / workaround to see if it works.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Give me instructions for work around

Thank you. Please try the following:

When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try the next solution(s) below if the 1st solution above did not work:

Solution #2:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences

2. Then click on Printers & Scanners

3. There, click on the Brother printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm to delete the printer for now. Make sure there is not any Brother item showing there for now.

4. Click on the Brother website below:

http://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf102945/Brother_PrinterDrivers_MonochromeLaser_1_2_0.dmg

5. Open / run / install the download file Brother_PrinterDrivers_MonochromeLaser_1_2_0.dmg

6. Make sure the printer is powered on

7. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners

8. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then select / add your Brother printer

9. Then check printing PDF files.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Thank you. Please do the following steps on your computer in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy, then click on the General tab, then if needed, click on the lock icon at bottom left to unlock it, then click on the Anywhere option

2. Then click on the website below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1cb7a96b-a5ad-4a1e-bd85-2048b42200c4&Type=Java

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No anywhere button
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Send website to my email

Sorry, please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/jdkvg3l

, and it will download the file Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp

, then click on Finder, then click on Downloads

, then there, right-click (or Control + click) on the file Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp, then click on Open and run / install it.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It says I need to download java runtime environment?

Yes, please download and install Java runtime environment first when prompted. And/or download and install Java at website below:

http://java.com

Thank you,

I have helped via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.