Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

After having so much trouble with windows 10 updates. I had

Customer Question

After having so much trouble with windows 10 updates. I had windows 7 reinstalled. Now it won't update anything. I can only use it for e-mails. I tried different things, It says to click the download tool, I can't find it anywhere....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is Windows Update checking for updates for hours and hours and never finding anything?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Do you want to go back to Windows 10 or would you like to get the Windows 7 updates working instead?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Please use the "Type your reply here" box below to communicate with me. Click Send when finished

typing and I'll be able to see it.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Microsoft recently updated the Windows Update client for Windows 7. The Windows 7 install disk you used won't contain the newest client that works. To correct that download and install the latest client from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612

If you have 64 bit windows use the x64 download

if you have 32 bit windows use the x86 download

Let me know the result please.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. Do you still need assistance with this issue?