Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I communicated with you earlier this am. I'm ready to pay

Customer Question

I communicated with you earlier this am. I'm ready to pay for help. acrobat pro xi won't send email thru outlook 2003. get error message: unable to start microsoft outlook, close ms outlook and ms windows and start again.
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: have just installed acrobat pro xi, hasn't worked properly yet
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, very recent, very large update of windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: same config works on another machine just fine, has for a long time
Category: Software
Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

Hi , Welcome to Justanswer.com .

It will be better and quick if I can access your computer remotely to fix the problem ..

To do that please follow the below steps

1)Please open the below link URL in browser

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=85af9c13-731a-4112-ab44-07c77b7ea8cc

2)Then click on I agree button at the bottom of the page .

3)After that click on Download link to download a file and run it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we chat online. I don't have a smart phone and don't do texting
Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

Yes on computer only we will do this no need of smart phone .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can we do this without you accessing my machine?
Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried restarting the computer and try again to send email in Acrobar XI ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am communicating with you from my computer. the problem is on another computer that I am working on remotely
Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

You can open the link in remote computer and we can try there .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried restarting several times. Is there any way for us to communicate other than a text telling me a new url to log into? that's a real pain
Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

You no need to login .

Just open the below URL in the remote machine so that I can join remotely .

http://tinyurl.com/zknpk89

Expert:  Satchi replied 6 months ago.

It seems that the there is a compatibility issue with outlook and Adobe acrobat .

I am running out of ideas .

I will opt out and let other experts to help you .

Good luck

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you still require assistance with the Acrobat Pro XI and Microsoft Outlook 2003 issue?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have you reviewed what has been tried already?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

I can only see that the previous Expert attempted to connect with you remotely. Was a remote session established?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
spent nearly 2 hours, no resolution, I'm not inclined to start over from beginning unless you have specific experience with the issue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the default email app is outlook 2003. the machine also has outlook 2000. when trying to send email from acrobat pro the app tries to open outlook 2000. fixing the problem seems to require changing the registry to get acrobat looking for the correct version of outlook.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have install media for office 2000 or outlook 2003. so reinstall is not available as a fix
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Well, I do have experience with these kind of issues - that is why I replied to you; however, I cannot just provide a straight answer to you since there could be several possible causes of the problem. Also, the previous didn't leave any notes as to what have been tried so far.

I can provide you several suggestions using this chat mode, but if all failed, I will need to check the issue using a secure remote assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no cost if no solution?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Correct.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm on my comp, the one with the issue is different, send me the url I need
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Sure. Here are the instructions on how to establish a secure remote assistance:

Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b70adfc5-02c3-49be-89fd-39426355c9d9

When a new web page opens, click on the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

In case the link doesn't work for you, let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't click on the link, I'm on a different comp, the first guy sent me a url, tinyurl or something that I used to connect
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Sure. Here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/j4fw9jp

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It will be a few minutes. just restarted target computer. I will be on it remotely also
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

OK, no problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it will be a long time, not sure why, but windows is updating - again - could take hours. is there anyway to notify you when it's done?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Lovely Windows updates! :)

When ready, you can send me a new reply here and I will be notified.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
something's amiss. I checked for updates on that comp a short while ago. it told me up to date with the date/time this morning. when I logged on to connect to you it asked for a restart. ???
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

With Windows 10 you never know when new updates are ready to install and when new updates will be released. Restart the computer and wait for all the updates to install.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I manage about 10 computers. this latest update has been a real pain. seems to require at least two very long restarts. on one it took overnight and then again today asked for another long restart. is this normal for this update?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

It is probably the Windows 10 Anniversary update which is quite big and it indeed requires several restarts to complete. While it is installing, you can read about it on this link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/248177/whats-new-in-windows-10s-anniversary-update/

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello again!

Have all the Windows updates finish installing yet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Do you see a black screen with only wheels spinning?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have 2 computers doing exactly that right now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

That's not good. You are not the first one with that problem. There is something wrong with recent Windows 10 updates. They caused many issues to people's computers running Windows 10 - some of them end up to be unbootable.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Black screen with only wheels spinning means the computer stuck in installing the updates. It won't stop, so you can just end it by forcefully shutting the computer down. Press and hold down the power button for about 5 seconds to shut down the computer.

After that, power it back on and it should boot normally.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did that, then came back up, attempting to recover install, then working on updates 75%
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

In case it is still the same after forcefully shutting the computer down and starting it again, you will need to un-plug all connected peripherals, such as keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. Restart it and it should boot normally or at least give you progress percentage.

See other people's frustration on the same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/57idsg/so_yeah_the_new_update_totally_screwed_my_computer/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I read the post about disconnect usb devices. my internet connection is a usb wireless card. if I unplug that I wonder if upgrade can completely install?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

The download was done earlier, when you could still use the computer. Windows 10 then restarted the computer and used the downloaded files stored on the hard drive to install the updates before booting Windows 10, so it is perfectly safe to unplug your USB wireless card, as well as any other peripheral device currently connected to the computer.