Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Brand new issue with Skype. Can connect fine with most

Brand new issue with Skype. Can connect fine with most contacts both US and abroad but one contact, whenever the other answers it hands up and says call failed. I have tried here on two computers on two networks and on iphone. Other party tried on phone and computer with direct internet provided by apartments.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. This could be an issue

with Skype software if trying to connect with different releases of the software. Open Skype (on PC),

you don't even need to sign in, click Help>>Check for Updates and have the person you are trying to connect

with do the same. Then try to connect once you are both using the same software version.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I said in my question, I have tried it on tthree PC's, two networks and iphone. Both of us have latest software. One of my PC's runs Win 7 and two run 10. I could have gotten that answer anywhere, it is the stock answer. Do you have specific expertise in Skype? If not, then your answers will only be generic.

I've seen Skype fail when different versions are in use. Are you getting a specific error message?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As soon as one of us answers the call fails we updated software both ends

Since you're able to make calls except to this other party you may want to have them try this first:

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp% and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete

everything in the temp folder. Some of the files may be in use and can't be deleted. It's OK to leave them.

Restart Skype.

If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder

Hi Tom. Any success getting connected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
None worked. I had already tried most of them. I have talked to several other people with same issue and it appears it is a skype issue. Thanks for trying.

Thanks Tom. I'll open your question up to the other category experts. Maybe one of them has a

way to fix it on all your devices.

Hi there

Make a new Skype account here

https://login.skype.com/join

And as a test, sign in with this one and connect with your friend.

Make a call and tell me if that works Tom.

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks