Steve Lewey
Steve Lewey,
Experience:  Owner at Self
96432513

Windows Vista photo gallery scans a document from printer. I

Customer Question

Windows Vista photo gallery scans a document from printer. I save in on computer in documents file. I see the image of scanned document in photo gallery. To clear screen I prefer to delete off that screen to avoid cluttering it up. Unfortunately now when I delete the document it simultaneously deletes the same saved document in the document file. How do I correct this deleting issue?
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You can use picassa software to scan all the picture and delete some of them to filter them for the list of al the photos. Picassa doesn't delete from the saved location. When it does, It asks you to do it before deleting or making changes to original image.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please, I prefer an answer to fix issue using photo gallery . It did not used to do this until recently. Also I do not yet wish to ignore the problem and use another program yet. Thanks for looking into this.

I tried it in my pc and search over internet as well with windows photo viewer your images will be deleted from the stored location. Although you can restore them back from recycle bin if required.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I said it did not used to do this until recently. I also have a laptop that has the same program of photo gallery and does not delete it in stored location when deleting it off recent scanned documents or pictures which views as icon pics in photo gallery.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Waiting on answers.
On Photo Gallery when I scan each picture or document, as I explained previously, they scan each selection to a page that you copy and save to your location choice on the computer. However for each scanned document or picture remains and collects on the Photo Gallery on the only page that is less cluttered called recent items -_..
This clutter of smaller images of original pics or docs, whatever you call it, needs to be cleared off. All of the past times until a few months ago when I cleared this clutter of images that are usually saved I delete to clear off. Now simultaneously they deleted the saved documents and pictures Also. Only fix is now to go find the trash icon and recover the deleted items. I do not want the items to delete off the saved locations,only the Photo Gallery clutter.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 month ago.

Hello there please look in the Photo Gallery options & click the "Originals" tab. This may be set to move originals to the recycle bin. Please verify

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was already checked. Same problem.
Expert:  Steve Lewey replied 1 month ago.

Hi, is this still an issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is checked to keep originals. Same issue. I see there are next to no settings in photo gallery as well.

Good morning, so frustrating. Do I understand correctly this recently just started?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On Photo Gallery when I scan each picture or document, they scan each selection to a page that you copy and save to your location choice on the computer. However for each scanned document or picture remains and collects on the Photo Gallery on the photo gallery page (while set in the
[recent items] less cluttered page view) page that is less cluttered called recent items -_..
This clutter of smaller images of scanned pics or docs which need to be cleared off. All of the past times until a few months ago when I cleared this clutter of images after saving the copies in saved files now called originals - the new scanned copies are usually saved. Now simultaneously the deleted clutter of recent scanned images and the saved documents and pictures are deleted also. Only fix is now to go find the trash icon and recover the deleted items. I do not want the items to delete off the saved locations,only the Photo Gallery clutter.

Hi, the reason I was asking if this recently started is because if your PC gets windows updates from microsoft and update came out recently that caused many issues. So, this "could" be an update. Do you know if you get automatic updates?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have no since home computer windows Vista no longer gets updated. However the program had worked before the updates stopped. If there was one Microsoft has not updated for at at least I believe a year.

Hi, sorry for the delay. Microsoft pushed one out the day before you opened this request. Without getting on your PC and digging more, that is what I think happened. Let me know if you want to pursue. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that may be the case, however the problem started about a year or more prior to my first inquiry.