Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

We have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for sometime for our

Customer Question

We have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for sometime for our Business. Recently we are faced with having to work with files that are very large - 15 to 20 gb and even larger. Can you point me to somewhere I can get best practices for how to work with files this large? We are having issues open, closing, editing and of course printing.. Thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there Tony. My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'd like to begin by suggesting that you save the file to your computer and work on it locally, uploading it to Adobe Creative Cloud using the Cloud as a backup or storage only. The main reason is that it's going to be faster for you since you won't go through a server to reach and modify your files; using the Cloud is a bit like working on your files from an external harddisk. The speed is never as fast usually as the internal system. I am sure there are other "Best Practices". and I will work diligently to find them for you but that is an excellent place to start.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Alison. We are currently saving the files locally. The files are stored on a Drobo NAS and the user will copy the file from the Drobo to their desktop, use Adobe Creative Cloud version of Illustrator making edits to the file. When they are done with the edits they will save the new version of the file to the Drobo. It is my assumption that the Adobe Creative Cloud versions of Illustrator - because it has been downloaded to the computer - is running locally and not running over the internet - is this correct?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

You are correct. If you are already doing that, I don't really have any ideas for speeding things up. I will "opt out" and open the question to other experts so we can get their input. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you - you have a great rest of your day as well.