Kevin T
Kevin T, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN

Mac OS 10.11.6. In attempts to print from CS6 to any

Customer Question

Mac OS 10.11.6. In attempts to print from CS6 to any printer, I get the error: There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents.” At the recommendation of the supplier of my printer and dye sub printing supplies, I reinstalled CS6 from the disc, but did not install new preferences. I deleted the printer and reconnected it in Printers and Scanners Preferences. After reading your forum, I performed the recommended "Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
What next?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Kevin T replied 17 days ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 17 days ago.

Could you try setting your printer and restarting CS6. CS6 needs a printer with a valid driver to work.

I know you have said this is happening with all of them, however, it needs a valid driver file to start with.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks. Just had a breakthrough, I think, at turning printer off and on. I did NOT do that after all the changes I made..... but seems to work
Expert:  Kevin T replied 17 days ago.

No problem. Thank you.